gallery

Jean Touret, 1916-2004

Pair of ceiling lights, 1968.

These real flying sculptures evoke the large black birds painted by Braque in 1953 on the ceiling of the Henri II room of the Louvre.

Sheet steel cut and blackened.
Length 310 cm, width 154 cm, height 60 cm.

Ordered directly from the artist, these ceiling lights were designed for the deliberative room of the County Council of Loir et Cher in Blois, located in the former chapel of a 17th century convent.

Each ceiling lamp is equipped with 34 steel cylinders.
These removable cylinders 40 cm in height are fixed at variable heights, from 10 to 30 cm downwards or upwards, and equipped with two light sources, oriented towards the ground and towards the ceiling.

The original steel chain hangers (conserved) have been replaced by a thin steel cable reinforcing the feeling of floating in space.

Electrification redone to current safety standards. Only the large original porcelain sockets, in perfect condition, have been preserved.

These real flying sculptures evoke the large black birds painted by Braque in 1953 on the ceiling of the Henri II room of the Louvre.

 

AVAILABLE
contact@galerie54.com

 

go back
go forward
go forward